Many people don’t actually know the law when it comes to carrying knives or using them, so here it is;
- It’s illegal for anyone under the age of 18 to buy a knife.
- Flick knives, butterfly knives and disguised knives (hidden in a belt or mobile phone etc) are illegal to everyone.
- If any knife is used in a threatening way it becomes an offensive weapon.
- It’s an offence to carry a knife in public, and you can face a penalty of two year’s imprisonment and a £5,000 fine for doing so.
- If you’re caught with a knife at school you could be sentenced to four years in jail.
- To actually stab someone with a knife you could recieve 6 years or more in jail.
- Murdering someone with a knife could get you 25 years or more in jail.
- The maximum penalty for an adult carrying a knife is four years in prison and a fine of £,5000.