Knife crime can involve many things, including just buying or carrying an illegal knife. In recent years laws on selling and carrying knives have been tightened and punishments for knife offences increased.
What is knife crime?
‘Knife crime’ is any crime that involves a knife.
This can include:
- carrying or trying to buy a knife if you’re under 18
- threatening people with a knife
- carrying an illegal kind of knife
- murder or assault in which the victim was stabbed with a knife
- robbery or burglary where the thieves carried a knife as a weapon
Click here to find out the latest Knife-Crime figures in 2010.